Saturday, November 2, 2013

Chocolate Covered "Pumpkin" Pretzels

I don't know about you, but I love chocolate covered pretzels.  I love chocolate covered anything for the most part (who doesn't?).  They fall into the "snack" foods category, and I am such a snacker.  I have to keep it in check or it'll get me in trouble.  I think I come by it honestly as there are other snackers in my family.  Whenever I go to my grandparent's house and look in the pantry, my grandmother has the best snack items in there for my grandfather.  And she usually always has chocolate covered pretzels.


I few weeks ago, when I was on Pinterest, I came across these pretzels, and knew I had to make them.  It wasn't a question of if, but when I would make them.  I love festive foods, too.  So, these were right up my ally!


Now, I will say these can be a bit labor intensive (at least it might seem that way if you start the project at 9:15 pm).  But, they are totally worth it!  If you have never gone to the kitchen to cook something up at 9:15 pm, you should go make these. :)

Here's the recipe.  I made a slight alteration to use the candy bark instead of the white chocolate.  It may not be as "real", but it's definitely simpler.

Chocolate Covered "Pumpkin" Pretzels

Pretzel twists
Green M&M's
White almond bark
Orange or red and yellow food coloring

Melt the almond bark according to the package directions.  Once it is melted, add the food coloring until you reach the color of orange you would like.  If you use red and yellow, use the ratio of two drops of yellow for every drop of red.  I used eight drops of yellow and four drops of the red.  Then, dip each pretzel in the almond bark and then place it on wax paper.  Immediately add the green M&M at the top.  Let the pretzels set completely before storing them.  You can cover them and place them in the fridge overnight to set, and they'll be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment