Thursday, June 13, 2013

Strawberry Salad with Chicken

The thermometer in my car hit 101 degrees today.  Y'all summer has started, and this is only the beginning.  I don't know about you, but I love a good salad in the summer time.  This is one of my favorites.  It's nothing new, but it's always delicious.


It's just spinach, strawberries, cashews, feta cheese, and craisins with a light vinaigrette.  But, when I make a meal out of a salad, I need some protein.  You know what I mean??

I got this recipe for breaded chicken from my friend, Lindsey.  It's the perfect addition to salad, and it stands alone as a great main dish.  And it totally reheats well! 


Here's the recipe--

Breaded Chicken

from: Lindsey Clark

8 chicken strips (tenderloins)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated is yummy, but shredded is even yummier)
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
4 tablespoons butter, melted

Mix together all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Dip the chicken in the melted butter and then in the dry mixture.  Place the chicken in a greased baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment