Saturday, February 16, 2013

This Weekend

Well, I'm sure many of you are thinking about or have possibly even started working on your taxes.  Props to you.  I, on the other hand, have not.  Who wants to think about that after doing everyone else's all day, anyway?

What I do like to think about after work is fun new recipes.  Busy season also makes me think a lot about chocolate; we'll discuss that later.  I've also been craving Italian recently.  Maybe it's comforting after a long day's work or something.  So, in an attempt to satisfy the craving, I purchased a spaghetti squash just planning to enjoy it with my spaghetti sauce.  But, I found a recipe that was a fun and delicious new way to enjoy some spaghetti squash.  The original recipe is found here.  I made a few additions, and it was totally yummy.  I added some caramelized onion and mozzarella cheese.  If you like spaghetti squash, you should definitely try it.


Then, as we all know, baking is therapeutic.  So, I baked some chocolate muffins.  I've been seeing this recipe on Pinterest that looked like something that I would totally enjoy.  So, to satisfy my need to bake, experiment, and eat some chocolate, I made these.


They were hardly cool before I dug in.  It's definitely a keeper recipe!  Here's the original.


I'll be having these for breakfast this week, what will you be having?

1 comment:

  1. I've made those muffins twice now and Damian and I love them. They completely satisfy my chocolate cravings. The bonus? My kids want nothing to do with them, so that means more for us.

    ReplyDelete